Your Privacy Rights are important to us at Walks Around the World.
Please read below to understand how we handle your data, your rights and your choices:
General Collection and Use
Some information is explicitly provided to us by you, while other information, such as your IP address, is gathered automatically as you use our services. You may voluntarily provide certain personal identifying information to us in connection with your purchase of travel-related products, subscriptions, and services (all of which will be referred to as “Personal Information”). If you choose to provide us with Personal Information by opting in, you consent to our collection of that information and to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States. Personal Information includes all information you voluntarily provide to us, whether in person, by telephone, mail or e-mail, or on this Website, such as: (i) your contact information (e.g. name, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification number, and postal and e-mail addresses); (ii) financial information (e.g. credit card number, security code, cardholder name, billing address, and expiration date); and (iii) information related to your travel profile (e.g. travel preferences, including seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car rental program information, booking history and interests, and special health accommodations).
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with travel-related information, including providing you with responses to requests for travel services, travel notifications, travel confirmations and updates, as well as managing your account, processing bills, and/or personalized mailings (electronic or otherwise) or other communications that you consent to receive, and to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activity, resolve disputes and collect fees.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We do not sell or mine your data. We may share your information with third parties to facilitate your travel plans or requests for information.
- Walks Around the World may share your Personal Information (only to the extent reasonably necessary or as required by the circumstances) and Aggregated Data, when applicable, with the following parties:
- Third party vendors and preferred suppliers, in order for such parties to (1) assist Walks Around the World in providing the requested travel services to you, including personalizing your experience (2) provide aggregate reporting to Walks Around the World and certain third parties (using only Aggregated Data and not individual Personal Information when provided to third parties), and (3) provide 24/7/365 emergency customer support for certain eligible clients.
- These highly regarded vendors and preferred suppliers with which Walks Around the World has alliances so that you may receive information about exclusive offers or other luxury products and services in which you may be interested (but if you do not wish to receive marketing communications from those parties, please contact us at email@example.com and/or by unsubscribing directly);
- Non-affiliated third party vendors and service providers which provide certain services or functions requested by you and/or which fulfill your requested transactions, including but not limited to, hotels, airlines, cruise lines, safari camps, event sites, tour operators, ground transportation providers, and car rental companies, as well as service providers who assist with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection and affiliate and award programs).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- The appropriate parties if it is requested by a government agency or law enforcement personnel or if we are otherwise required by law to disclose it in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law (in which case, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection available to us).
- The appropriate parties in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities, to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Walks Around the World, our clients or others, and in accordance with our terms and conditions and other agreements.
- Other appropriate entities, such as our successors or assigns, should we undergo a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale.
- The appropriate parties when we believe in good faith that disclosure is required to protect the security, property, assets and/or rights of Walks Around the World from unauthorized use or misuse of the Site or anything found at the Site.
Walks Around the World may provide third-party links, or otherwise cooperate with third parties, to provide you with access to online booking tools. These online booking tools are owned and operated by third party providers and are not under the control of Walks Around the World.
Walks Around the World may provide access to these online booking tools as a service to you, and is not responsible for their operation, content, information practices or any link contained in a linked site. These tools often gather personally identifiable information and financial information from you to complete your booking requests, and our service may include some of your Personal Information in the link to the booking tool to help streamline the booking process.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Like most websites, we use log files to track system activity. These files include IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), and other technical information relating to your use of our Website. We use this information to analyze usage patterns, observe trends, administer the site, track user movements in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We use Google Analytics to assist in this analysis.
In addition to any Personal Information you may voluntarily provide to us, this Website also collects general information regarding visitors and users of this Website as it relates to their use of the Website (referred to herein as “Aggregated Data”). This information is collected automatically each time a user navigates our Website. The term Aggregated Data includes, but is not limited to, such information as traffic patterns, number, frequency and duration of visits to certain pages, visits from other websites or to third-party websites linked to this Website, use of particular services and interest in services, information or features of the Website or other parties made available through or found at the Website. This information is anonymous and is useful for improving the content and navigational tools of our Website. Aggregated Data may also include information or data obtained from you or other sources, which has been combined with or compiled from other information or data in such a manner to no longer be personally identifiable or linked to an individual. Aggregated Data is not considered Personal Information for the purposes of this Policy.
Walks Around the World does not sell travel or other services for purchase by children. Please be aware that Walks Around the World has not designed this Website for, and does not intend for it to be used by, anyone under age 18. Accordingly, this Website should not be used by anyone under age 18. Walks Around the World specifically requests that persons under the age of 18 not use this Site or submit information to the Site. Walks Around the World does not knowingly collect information from children under 18.If you are under 18, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to Walks Around the World. If a minor has provided the Company with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that minor may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 720-259-9689. If Walks Around the World discovers that a minor has provided Walks Around the World with Personal Information, that minor’s information will be removed from the Walks Around the World’s database as soon as practicable
By providing Personal Information to us, you are giving your consent and permission for any use of the Personal Information that is consistent with the uses stated in this Policy or elsewhere at the Website at the point you submit such Personal Information, and such consent will be presumed by Walks Around the World, unless you expressly state otherwise at the time you submit the Personal Information. If you do not agree to the uses stated in this Policy or disclosed elsewhere at the Website, please do not use the Website or provide us with any Personal Information.
California residents have the right to request in writing from Walks Around the World:
- a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, and the type of services provided to the customer, that Walks Around the World has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and
- the names and addresses of all such third parties.
To request the above information, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by telephone at 720-259-9689. (Please include in your correspondence a reference to “California Disclosure Information.”) We will respond to such written requests, free of charge, within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail stated above. If we receive your request at a different e-mail, fax number or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or the way we use your Personal Information, please feel contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 720-259-9689.
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to Walks Around the World and we welcome your feedback.